Selling Tips – Preparing your home for sale
When you decide to sell your home, you need to go through details of your home inside and out to make it as attractive as possible for potential buyers. Remember, first impression is the last impression. Following are some of the home selling tips that could be the helpful for quick sale of your house.
Make a good First Impression
- Does your home have a good curb appeal to a buyer driving the area?
- Do you need some colorful plants, or some landscaping fill-ins?
- Does your lawn need to be trimmed or edged?
- Is your lawn free of refuse?
- Is the front walkway swept? Remember, the front door greets the prospective buyer. Make sure that it is fresh and clean.
Arrange shade of drapes to give maximum light. Turn every light on, even during the day. Replace all burned out bulbs. Let them see how cheerful your home can be.
Small repairs make a big difference
Loose knobs, sticking and squeaking doors and windows, warped cabinet drawers, badly cracked plaster and other minor flaws detract from home value. Have them fixed. Many buyers believe there will be ten problems they have not noticed for every one they do see.
Paint for a quick sale
Fresh paint gives impressive real property look.
Make closets look bigger
Neat, well ordered closets show space. Remove all unnecessary accumulations from closets, garage and all rooms. Remove excess furniture. Your home will appear much larger than it actually is.
Little decoration makes the difference
Sometimes minor redecorating is recommended if certain elements of your home are out dated or tired looking. Dark wood, shag carpet, foil and flock wallpaper, etc. can be a turnoff even when the rest of your house is terrific.
Pride of ownership Sells
Cleanliness attracts buyers. Put sparkle in your home and it will pay off. For special showings and open houses, colorful fresh flowers give a special touch and show the pride you have in your home.
Show off your house
- Get rid of clutter
- Arrange furniture for an open feeling; too much furniture makes a room look smaller
- Flowers and plants add pretty touches to rooms
- Kitchen counter tops should be free from clutter; put small appliances out of sight
- Remove the artwork from the refrigerator door
- Clean fingerprints from light switches and woodwork
- A quick coat of paint works wonders.
- Organize the closets and cabinets; they will look bigger
- Bathrooms and kitchens should be sparkling clean
- Clean away mold and mildew from around bathroom tile and fixtures
- Clean Air-Conditioner Duct
- Clean carpet and deodorize
- Fix loose door knobs, drippy faucets, torn screens, etc.
- Remove pet, cigarette, and cooking odors with Potpourri, Air spray, Bake bread or Cookies.
Avoid a crowd
Buyers prefer privacy when shown through a house. Whenever possible, never stay in your house with potential buyers. That includes pets as well. The buyer will feel more relaxed. If it is necessary for you or your family members to stay, do not discuss terms, price etc. Silence is golden. Be courteous and only answer questions when asked. Do not force conversation, stay away from the buyer. Apologies should never be made for any adverse conditions in your home. It only emphasizes the defects. Let the agent handle any objections or answering any questions.
Things to do before showing
- Open blinds, drapes and shades to let the light in
- Turn lights on, especially in dark areas such as hallways and baths.
- Turn on air conditioning so house temperature is comfortable
- Open bedroom and bathroom doors
- Turn off the TV
- Turn the loud music off; soft music on very low is nice
- Make sure the beds are made
- Dishes should be done
- Keep toilet seats closed
- Everything should be neat, clean and uncluttered
- Keep pets outside or out of the way
- And you, the Seller, should walk outside or run an errand. Buyers are more likely to share their true feelings without the Seller being present.
Ask us for free Home Evaluation and know how much your home is worth.
Please click the link below to fill out the Seller Request Form and we will contact you asap.